August 2, 2018


This is a story I have never told on my blog and I just remembered it.  Kelly and I were talking on our ride home from Edwardsville and something made me remember this story.


I had just gone through a traumatic experience I won’t go into what happen but those who know me well will know what I am talking about.


I was at the Wal-Mart in Baraboo and I was sitting on a bench at the front of the store.  I am not sure how I got there or what happened while I was on the bench I only know what the people at the store told one of my church member’s and they told me.


From what I was told I had been sitting on the bench for about two hours and one of the Wal-Mart workers thought something was wrong so she came over to talk to me and I wasn’t making any sense.  She went back to her supervisor and told her and someone who worked there knew who I was and said she knew someone from my church.  They called them and they came and got me and took me home.  While I was at home the person who picked me up talked to me and tried to find out what happened but I didn’t know as I couldn’t remember anything and I didn’t know how I got there.  They noticed the van I used was not at the house and when I finally realized where I was and who I was we went back to the Wal-Mart and looked for the van.  We found it parked in the parking lot and the keys were in my pocket.


I drove home and they tried to talk me into going to the hospital or a doctor but I told them I felt okay and I was going to sleep on it and if I felt anything I would go see my doctor. 


The next day everything was fine and all was good except I couldn’t remember the two hours that I lost.  I chucked it up to stress that I was going through at the time.


Nothing like that ever happened again and so I never really talked about it to anyone.  The person from the church that came after me was nice and never told anyone as far as I know.  I had asked them to not say anything to anyone.


Kelly was concerned about it but said that the stress I was going through could have caused my mind to shut down for a while and that was probably what happened.


In retrospect it probably would have been better that I went to my doctor and had a check-up.  If you ever have an episode like this I suggest you go see a doctor and not let it go.  Mine was probably stress but it could have been something else that could have been serious. 





Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

You Might Also Like:

Thanks For Your Prayers

December 6, 2019

Urgent Prayer Request

December 5, 2019

Please reload

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
About Me

My name is Rev. Sam Martin and I am a former Pastor of 34 years and I would like to invite you to join my blog.  Sign up in the box to the right or above if on a smart phone.



Search by Tags

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

© 2017 Rev Sam Martin's Blog