Reasons Why Pastors’ Resign
Updated: Feb 18
I am going to share some reasons why Pastors Resign. This is not a complete list but it is what I have observed over the years. It is not a complete list but covers most of the reasons.
1. The people are unwilling to follow his leadership. This includes not being willing to make changes that will stimulate growth and changes that will benefit the entire congregation.
2. Trouble makers make it impossible for them to do the job so they seek to find another place where they can serve God and move forward.
3. They feel that God has used them and that they have finished the task He commissioned them to do.
4. Some leave for a larger congregation and a larger salary.
5. Some are asked to leave do to improper relationships with other women other than their wife.
6. A small number retire or can no longer serve due to health reasons. Some may feel they cannot fulfill the responsibilities do to work load.
Again these may not be the only reasons but they cover most. If you know of any others you can leave a comment or email me at email@example.com and I will add them.