A Godly Friendship
I want to share some information I used in one of my Bible studies while I was the Pastor at Pleasant View. This information might help you in identifying Godly friendships.
Definition of a friend: A person whom you know, like and trust. A person who sympathizes with things that you support.
Seven things about A Godly Friend:
1. A Godly Friend Will Be Real - If someone is just being a friend because of what they can get from you they aren’t a real friend. You need to just be yourself and if they are putting on a fake personality to win you over they are not a true friend.
2. A Godly Friend Will Be Honest - If you want a Godly friend you must be honest and they must be honest with you. Lying and keeping the truth from each other will not work. A true friend will tell you things honestly even when you don’t want to hear them.
3. A Godly Friend Will Be Dependable - If you want a Godly friend you must be dependable. If you are dependable you should expect that they will be dependable too.
4. A Godly Friend Will Be Loyal – If you tell your friend something in confidence you shouldn’t tell others about it. Neither should they so if they are your friend you should expect that they will be loyal to you and keep your confidence.
5. A Godly Friend Will Be Respectful – If you want to be a true Godly friend then show them respect. When you respect someone you can earn their respect as well.
6. A Godly Friend Will Be Available In A Crisis – Crisis come in all forms and Godly friends will be there when they are needed. Don’t lie to them but assure them you will be there for them. Don’t cover up their sin or crime but assure them you will be there if you are needed.
7. A Godly Friend Is A Listener –A Godly friend will be one who listens and allows them to speak their heart. That isn’t to say you have to agree with everything they say but hear what they are saying.